Tuesday, August 23, 2011

COFFEE ART

So originally I was planning on talking about the pros and cons of coffee, but I’ve decided that I’ll leave those two topics for the next weeks. For now, I’d like to show you all the pretty artistic side of coffee.
Most of the times we are so sleepy or so in a rush when we drink our coffee, that we don’t even stop to look at it for a second. Perhaps we might even get the ingredients mixed up and end up drinking something terrible. But there are these other times, when we drink coffee to relax for a while, and to let inspiration flow. The result? Creativity.
Here are some amazing pictures I found on the internet of drawings done on top of the coffee using the same ingredients that it is prepared with.





Fig. 1. 27 Anime Style Girl. Beautiful Examples of Latte Art. Oct 5th, 2009. Web. Aug 24th, 2011.




Fig. 2. Cute Dog. Coffee Coffee Coffee. Aug 3rd, 2010. Web. Aug 24th, 2011.










Fig. 3. Several. Coffee Art. Web. Aug 24th, 2011.


Fig. 4. Donald. BadLatte Art.Web. Aug 24th,2011.

For more pictures (and instructions on how to do this), you can visit these pages: http://www.ilovecoffeebook.com/coffeeArt.html


However, this isn’t the only type of art related to coffee. There’s also a technique that consists on simply drawing and painting, but using coffee instead of paint or ink. Here are some examples, done by the Brazilian Dirceu Vega. (abduzeedo.com)
Fig. 5. Drawing. Amazing Coffee Art by Dirceu Vega.Jan 26th, 2010. Web. Aug 24th, 2011.








Fig. 6. Painting. Amazing Coffee Art by Dirceu Vega.Jan 26th, 2010. Web. Aug 24th, 2011.
To read more about him and to see other pictures, go here:

I personally find this very interesting and really creative. I guess it takes practice to do any of these designs or drawings. But maybe that’s the beauty of it all: patience, inspiration, and just a break from your daily routine. So, the next time you grab a cup of coffee, or consider preparing yourself one, I suggest you take a moment to let coffee fill your senses and become your muse. Who knows? Maybe you'll become the next Picasso... or not. :)
That’s all for this week, talk to you later! <3

2 comments:

  1. Well Angela,

    I don't really like coffee rather to drink it and not even smell it produces. But, the art in coffee seems to be very impressive with the images that are presented in the blog it makes me wonder how they do it to make the color separate that way and don’t dissolve since coffee obviously is a liquid form where grains tend to disappear.
    I can’t imagine the total hours that someone needs to do something similar to that, it sometimes may drive coffee artist crazy. Maybe even chocolate art exist too or tee art. I can’t even handle the smell of coffee. Also I thought art can only be shown in non-liquid surfaces because with any movement a liquid can move and distort the image that was imprinted in the coffee.
    Now paintings with the use of coffee seems more reasonable to me since paint was made centuries ago with blood of animals and grains from certain types of plants and coffee enters in one of this category. I got questions, sculptures of coffee grains exist? And, there are art galleries that only show coffee art? And most importantly, how do they transport them if with every slight movement can ruin it?
    It’s all I got to say about this, in general it is a different type of art unknown by me, but as I see it known by a large number of people.

    Thanks for the fact Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ovi :)
    Interesting questions! I'll search a bit about that and if I find enough material or something, I'll talk about it on my next entry. If not, I'll just tell you. lol :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete