Thursday, September 29, 2011

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL COFFEE DAY :D

Ok, so I almost choked up my coffee (^^♥) when I saw that today (September 29th) was the International Coffee Day :D YAY! (It is so awesome because I was running out of topics for my blog :P – just kidding, I actually have a list with three more topics waiting to appear in this blog.) Now, I think I should've posted this earlier, but today was one of my busiest days (Ha. Being an IB student I honestly doubt there are non-busy days.)

Anyway, the point here is that it’s great to have an entire day dedicated to coffee! Because as we already learned, it has a lot of benefits (let’s just for now ignore the cons), and it’s really important to acknowledge that. Well, I personally think that international days like this mean greater incomes for businesses like Starbucks, Italian Coffee, etc. and that’s one of the reasons why they are created and promoted. However, there are also these other coffee fan clubs, and coffee lovers who just love to dedicate one day to celebrate this beverage that has given them so much.

What are some events done on the International Coffee Day? Well, as far as I knew, in days like these, coffee shops tend to reduce their prices, or even give away free or discounted samples of their products (which is great to attract more customers). However, I decided to investigate a little more, and this is what I found: you can send a Coffee Day eCard, there are festivals organized to celebrate this, people coming together to share their stories about coffee, and the list goes on.

Personally, my favorite site I found today is this one since it contains all the coffee related dates celebrated worldwide.

So, this might help you get involved and don’t forget to mark it in your calendars for upcoming years! That way you can get up early and run to the nearest coffee shop to claim a free cup of coffee to start your day :) and spread the happiness!

Talk to you next week :D and sorry if this post is not totally coherent, I’m trying my best to keep the hamster in my head running, but it just refuses to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela!

    Happy Coffee Day! :D Don't worry, your post is coherent ;) and quite interesting! I did not know there was a day for celebrating coffee which I think is pretty cool.

    When you mentioned in your post that there are people that gather to talk about their coffee stories I just could not help to picture a group of Parisian artists with their coffee cups in hand and talking how they found inspiration in their cups of coffee.

    Also, coud you imagine all the love stories they may talk about, how a simple cup of coffee or coffe shop united the lives of two people who know love each other. That would be totally sweet! :) Besides, it is another aspect why coffee shops are important :P

    I really enjoyed this post :) Keep up the good work and talk to you later ;)

    ReplyDelete